A dramatic title but captures the core of today for the team. Following on from yesterdays efforts and actions in beginning the installation of the RHEA modules into the OpenMRS system at Ruhunda, the team has been working to overcome some of the challenges faced. One in particular that was causing some headaches was the fact that once we had loaded the Ubudehe data set (yes try say that name – I’ve been botching it all day), in short a large data set containing the patients for the region ±250’000 patients, the OpenMRS dashboard failed to load – well just hung. Making the system unusable for data entry (Critical issue).
After some investigation and brainstorming into last night and our team dividing roles to tackle this we discovered the challenge lay with a particular module which once disabled gave the system its functionality again. Took some digging and great work with the MoH teams to rapidly look through this and come to a decent solution, but a great example of collaborative work under time pressures. (For those worrying the pre-exiting module attempted to crunch through the entire patient data set to give info on the dashboard and was only needed in odd occasions by system administrators, do believe the MoH will be looking at reworking their module in the future with the growing data sets).
|Team brainstorming how to solve “go-slow” problem on OpenMRS|
Mean while the team was back out at Ruhunda completing the install with the modules and disabling the “go slow” culprit module. We are excited to report that all modules are installed and system is functioning without glitch (so far), what remains is loading of the NIDs agains the providers in the system and testing the link to the HIE (both were not able to happen due to power failure).
Tomorrow the team will head out back to Ruhunda to complet the setup and walk through the entering of the data (as it is a clinic day) with the data capturers and clinicians in the systems first data capture session. All going according to plan and the hardware we identified as still needing to be in its final resting place happens as expected. While this is occurring half of the team will be beginning the implementation at the Musha Health Centre learning from the lessons of Ruhunda and working to take it to an online and live state.
|Many lines of code to get
things moving forward!
A quick update on our local HIE at the NDC here in Kigali. So far we have:
- Shared Health Record (SHR): is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet.
- Client Registry (CR): is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet, some patient matching still being tuned.
- Provider Registry (PR): is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet.
- Shared Health Record: is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet.
- Terminology Service (TS): is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet.
- OpenHIM: is up in the NDC, not connected or tested to other components yet.
- Facility Registry (FR): is still being setup in the NDC.