Last year our OpenHIE (OHIE) community gathered in Tanzania to learn from each other and celebrate each others accomplishments. The inaugural meeting was held in Tanzania where 186 stakeholders, implementers, and subject matter experts from over 60 organizations came together to share stories, learn more about interoperability and collaborate on solutions for health information exchange. We have begun planning for #OHIE19 and are looking for anyone interested in hosting this year’s conference!
If you are interested in hosting the 2019 OpenHIE Community Meeting, please review the following criteria we’ve developed to help ensure success and guide you in the preparations for this event. The following are by no means requirements, but hopefully will serve as helpful guidance to countries and the community:
- Significant local OpenHIE community activity, that is, a presence of an ongoing OpenHIE implementation, long-standing community membership etc.
- Commitment to OpenHIE as a network, regional, or country level architecture.
- Strong local hosting organization with an ability to engage local resources/sponsorship.
- Country is interested in supporting the long-term strategic interests of the OpenHIE community.
- Easy access, that is, good international airport, liberal visa policies (e.g., eVisa or visa on arrival available for visitors from many countries), local transportation.
- Availability of travel and hotel infrastructure suitable to host the meeting.
- Provision of good security throughout the conference.
- Country context aligns with OpenHIE’s mission.
- Openness/willingness to host OpenHIE site visits.
If interested, please fill in the following INTEREST FORM HERE
We will reach out to those of you that have previously applied to host this event.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com . One can also get in touch directly with Jamie Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org