On behalf of the entire OpenHIE community, we are excited to announce the 2nd OpenHIE Community Meeting focused on improving the use of data, which will be held November 4-8 at the Hyatt Regency in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Concurrent with this event will be an OpenHIE Academy, that will provide training and lessons learned to help guide design and implementation of health information architectures, standards and exchanges. Stay tuned for more details about the agenda and how to book your hotel room.
OpenHIE community meetings are intended to directly support countries as they grapple with the many challenges inherent in driving large-scale health information-sharing architectures. We invite government officials, and the implementers and developers seeking to support them, to participate in this event. This meeting will be an amazing opportunity for peer mentorship, where strategies and approaches to empower pragmatic, standardized, and sustainable health information sharing are shared. It’s also a great chance to network and share your current and future plans.
We look forward to seeing you in November!
Who should attend?
- Anyone new to the OpenHIE community who wants to connect with others who are interested in health information exchange
- Ministry of Health and ICT Leaders who want to learn more about the governance structures around information exchange, architectures and data standards
- Experienced OpenHIE community members and ICT implementers who want to share their experiences and learn from others
- Developers of related health and healthcare application software who want to learn more about standards and system interoperability
Why you should attend!
This event provides a unique opportunity for implementers to collaborate and improve their knowledge of OpenHIE, share needs, and propose new priorities. Additionally, government leaders will gather and share approaches to plan for and design interoperable solutions. For more details, please visit http://ohie.org/OHIE19
Community Meeting Agenda:
The OpenHIE Community Meeting agenda will feature several tracks, including those specifically geared toward government leaders as well as one for OpenHIE Implementers. Additional tracks for developers will also be included to connect the community meeting with the OpenHIE Academy. In additional to these pre-arranged sessions, the agenda will have several open “unconference” sessions where community members will propose presentations on topics relevant to their OpenHIE implementations. Stay tuned for more details on ways to propose session ideas.
- Information Sharing: Enabling Real World Data Use
- Operationalizing Data Use
More information about Registration, Accommodations, Visa Invitation Letters and other logistics will be communicated/released over the next few months. Please watch http://ohie.org/OHIE19 for new details.